The accommodation is 7 km from Béjar and a 5-minute drive from Navacarros, where you can find several traditional Spanish restaurants. The property is 40 minutes drive from the train station of Plasencia and Salamanca.
It is a mountainous formation with northeast-southwest direction belonging to the Central System, in the Iberian Peninsula. It is considered by some authors as the westernmost sector of the Sierra de Gredos. It straddles the Spanish provinces of Salamanca, Avila and Cáceres. Granites, granodiorites and migmatites abound in it. Its highest elevation is the Canchal de la Ceja (2428 masl) and on its slopes is the ski resort of La Covatilla. On its eastern slope are the Trampal lagoons. It is a physical barrier separating the valleys of the Jerte and Aravalle rivers - to the east, in the provinces of Ávila and Cáceres - and the so-called "Béjar Corridor", to the west, in the province of Salamanca. This mountainous massif is ideal for mountaineering, climbing and hiking, with routes established for this purpose
It is a Spanish municipality and town in the province of Salamanca, in the autonomous community of Castilla y León. It is distinguished as the most important population center of southeastern Salamanca and is considered the capital or service center of the region of the Sierra de Béjar. It is part of the judicial district of Béjar and the Embalse de Béjar Commonwealth. Its municipal district is formed by the population centers of Béjar, Fuentebuena, Palomares, Valdesangil, El Castañar and La Glorieta, occupies a total area of 45.74 km² and according to the municipal census prepared by the INE in 2014, has 13951 inhabitants. This city has numerous monuments and museums. As well as a very rich and varied gastronomy, based on the excellent products of the area, such as Iberian sausages, lamb, pork and beef, which can be tasted in dishes as exquisite as the "Calderillo Bejarano".
Located eight kilometers from the house, it is one of the few remaining examples of an Italian Renaissance garden, built by the Dukes of Béjar in the 16th century as a recreational villa, with a pond, statues, small palace and kiosk remodeled in the 19th century (currently owned by the municipality). It was declared an Artistic Garden, antecedent of the figure of cultural interest, on January 11, 1946.
The Corpus Christi procession is the most solemn of all the processions celebrated in Béjar, together with that of the Virgen del Castañar. This procession is held on the Sunday after the celebration of Thursday of Corpus Christi and in it, two significant traditions are remembered: The first one is the legend of the "men of moss" to whom the reconquest of the city from Muslim rule is attributed. For this reason a group of "moss men" participates every year in the procession, their impressive appearance adds a spectacular element to this celebration. The other tradition of this festival is to cover the streets with thyme making a real carpet where the procession passes, being all this thyme blessed to the passage of the saint, then the people picked it up by the belief that this scared away the lightning storms. This festival has been declared a Festival of National Tourist Interest.
It is one of the oldest theaters in Spain, since most were built during the last years of the nineteenth century, a significant fact is that it is seven years before the Calderon theater in Valladolid. It was inaugurated on September 23rd, 1857, in Elizabethan style, it can hold more than seven hundred spectators among all its rooms. The theater has three floors, in addition to the first floor and multiple basements. On the first floor we find the foyer, the hall and the stage; on the second floor the cafeteria and the main auditorium; on the second floor the amphitheater; on the third floor the auditorium called Paradise and the offices.
Rebuilt by the Dukes of Béjar (to one of whom, Alonso Diego López de Zúñiga y Sotomayor, Cervantes dedicated his edition of Don Quixote). It has a Renaissance courtyard with a fountain called Venera. In the spandrels you can see the coats of arms with the letters F and G (Francisco and Guiomar, who were the ones who rebuilt it). Its first owner was Queen Doña Violante, wife of Alfonso X the Wise, who took it as a wedding dowry. Today it houses the Ramón Olleros Gregorio Institute of Secondary and Baccalaureate Education. In one of the towers is located the camera obscura, from which you can see the whole city, as well as the Sierra de Béjar and the natural environment. It was declared a historic-artistic monument (antecedent of the figure of Cultural Interest on June 3, 1931.
In Christian times, at the beginning of the 13th century, when the Castilian Béjar was militarily in a vanguard enclave, very close to the border with the Kingdom of León and not far from the Muslim mark, this construction was located. A first walled enclosure is traced from the Puerta del Pico gate to what is now the Ducal Palace.
Installed on the site of what was once the Hospital and church of San Gil, of which only its apse and main entrance are preserved. Its museum is dedicated to the Bejaran sculptor Mateo Hernández, although inside you can also admire works by other sculptors such as González Macías and Pérez Comendador.
Located in the estate called "San Albín", eight kilometers from the house, it consists of land, buildings, and a hydraulic concession. The factory complex consists of two buildings of two and three floors respectively, connected by the central volume that served as housing for the hydraulic machinery. Its location on the northern slope, next to the river, is the most characteristic of the traditional textile industries of the city. The purpose of this Textile Museum is to "preserve and disseminate the scientific and technical heritage that has generated the industry in Béjar" and in it, we can find different machines and systems from various periods.
"La Ancianita" located in the place of El Castañar, 9 kilometers from the house, was built in the seventeenth century, polygonal in shape, first in wood, to be built in stone between 1704 and 1711 with octagonal shape. It is the oldest round bullring in Spain. It was declared of cultural interest with the category of monument on May 7, 1998. In its surroundings is located the sanctuary of the Virgen del Castañar, patron saint of the city. This place, which owes its name to the forests of chestnut trees, some of them centuries old, during the summer season has numerous restaurants and beach bars with terraces that are filled with visitors who come to enjoy the pleasant temperatures.
Just started the ascent to "El Castañar" from the center of the city of Béjar, is this natural spot with picnic restaurant, fountains, benches and stone tables, on a gentle slope from which, in summer, spectacular sunsets are contemplated.
There are numerous hiking trails in the surroundings of the house. Mountain and high mountain routes, scenic routes, bicycle routes, itineraries in forests..., the offer of Béjar and its Sierra, in this sense, is unbeatable, existing numerous published documentation available to hikers and nature lovers. Among them we can mention the "ruta de las pedanías", "ruta de la humbría" and the "ruta de las fábricas textiles", for being accessible to all kinds of public and for their low difficulty. Active tourism activities can also be contracted through local companies.